Life Care Center of Jacksonville is ideally located just south of the city’s heart. Within miles of the beach, the city center and many shopping centers, visitors can many places. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens is a museum that features art from as far back as 2100 BC, including the most significant Early Meissen Porcelain collection in the United States. There is also a large garden with art, fountains and the oldest tree in Jacksonville.
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is home to more than 2,000 animals in settings ranging from the African Savannah to the Australian Outback with a spotlight on jaguars in the rainforests.
- The Museum of Science and History allows visitors to discover the human digestive track, see the history of Northeast Florida and how energy works in interactive exhibits.
- Jacksonville Landing is a nine-acre complex on the St. John’s riverfront in downtown Jacksonville. With more than 65 shopping, dining and museum venues and 350 events a year, there are activities for the whole family.
- The rich history, beautiful beaches and large number of golf courses, makes Amelia Island a favorite among visitors and residents alike.